Stephen H. Miller
Successful Plano Criminal Defense Attorney
Attorney Stephen H. Miller, a Dallas native, has practiced criminal law in Dallas and Collin counties his entire career both as a prosecutor and as a defense attorney. For nearly 20 years, he has been providing effective criminal defense services for people facing a wide range of criminal charges.
He founded the law office of Stephen H. Miller in Plano in 1992 to focus exclusively on criminal defense. From 1980 to 1987, he served as a prosecutor in the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office including over three years as the felony chief prosecutor for the 194th Judicial District Court of Dallas County.
AV Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethical standards, he has been elected to the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, and the Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Associations of Dallas, Collin County and Texas.
He is the past president of the Plano Rotary Club, having previously served as the club secretary, treasurer, and president elect. He is also the president of Sunburst Condominium Fractional Owners’ Association Board in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and serves on the Sunburst Condominium home owner’s board as well. He is a past member of the Board of Plano Youth Leadership and served for 13 years as the secretary of the board of the National High School Mock Trial Championship, Inc. He is currently on the board of the Dallas Safari Club, an elected position.
For experienced legal help with your criminal case, call or e-mail our Plano law office. You can reach us twenty-four hours a day by phone at (972) 694-6282.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Driver’s License Suspension/Obtaining an Occupational License
- Driving While License Suspended
- Drug Possession
- Theft and Shoplifting
- Sex Crimes
- Probation Revocation
- Juvenile Law
- Texas, 1979
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. – 1979
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. – 1974
- Honors: With Honors (Plan II)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc., Member
- Plano Youth Leadership, Board Member, 2003 – 2009; President, 2005 – 2006
- National High School Mock Trial Championship, Inc., Former Board Member; Secretary (1999 – 2006), 1999 – Present
- Dallas Safari Club, Board Member (Elected), Former Vice President
- Plano Rotary Club, Member, Past President
- Sunburst Condominium Home Owner’s Board, Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Sunburst Condominium Fractional Owners’ Association Board, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, President, 2002 – Present; Board Member, 1997 – Present
- Leadership Plano Class XVIII, 2000 – 2001
Past Employment Positions
- Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor, 1980 – 1987
- 194th Judicial District Court of Dallas County, Felony Chief Prosecutor