Aggressive Defense Against Driving Without A Valid License
Were you charged with driving with a suspended license? Was your license suspended in another state and now you can’t get a Texas license?
At the law office of Stephen T. Miller, we can help you fight charges of driving while your license was suspended or revoked. We can also help you try to get your driver’s license reinstated if you have a suspended or revoked license.
For aggressive defense against driving on a revoked or suspended license, another traffic ticket, or any criminal offense, call 972-694-6282 or e-mail defense lawyer Stephen H. Miller at our Plano law office. We answer your calls 24 hours a day.
Offenses Leading To Driver’s License Suspension In Texas
In Texas, your driver’s license can be suspended for a number of reasons, including:
- Refusing to take a chemical test (Breathalyzer, Intoxilyzer of blood alcohol test)
- Failing a blood or breath test (submitting a sample testing with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or greater)
- Being arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI) and failing to request a license suspension hearing
- Being convicted of DWI
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol as a minor
- Being convicted of a drug crime
- Failure to pay surcharges or maintain car insurance
- Having unpaid traffic tickets or registration
- Issues with your driver’s license in another state
The consequences of being convicted of driving with a suspended license are serious. If you are convicted, you will get another suspension tacked on to your existing suspension as well as additional surcharges, fines and other penalties. You will also have to have a certificate of high-risk insurance on file with the Texas Department of Public Safety for two years after your license is reinstated.
Fighting Driving While License Suspended Charges
Defense attorney Stephen H. Miller has over 35 years of criminal defense experience in Dallas, Plano and the surrounding areas. From representing people at administrative license suspension hearings to defending people against DWI charges, he knows how to create effective defense strategies. He understands the complicated process you must go through to clear up driver’s license problems.
When defending clients against driving with a suspended license, attorney Miller investigates every possible weakness in the state’s case, including:
- Lack of probable cause for the traffic stop
- Different reasons listed for license suspension in the Department of Public Safety records and the charging instrument
- Violations of Miranda rights and other constitutional rights
- Reasonable doubt