DWI Lawyer Defending You
Plano | Richardson | Frisco | McKinney | Allen Texas
Driving While Intoxicated
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a serious charge that requires a serious defense. At the law office of Stephen H. Miller in Plano, our DWI lawyer has been defending people arrested on drunk driving charges in Plano, and Allen TX since 1992.
DWI Lawyer Stephen H. Miller is a former prosecutor with over 35 years of experience defending people accused of alcohol- and drug-related offenses. He is a member of the National College for DUI Defense. He is knowledgeable about all the issues involved in fighting your DWI charge.
Call Us At 972-694-6282
We Answer Phone Calls 24 Hours A Day
Serious Defense For A Serious Charge
In addition to a suspended license, Texas has harsh consequences for drunk driving conviction that include fines, steep annual surcharges, and jail or prison time. A DWI conviction can result in higher insurance rates, difficulty finding a job and other challenges for the rest of your life. A DWI conviction will remain on your record forever.
You only have 15 days to request an administrative hearing to fight a driver’s license suspension. To be sure you don’t miss this crucial deadline, contact us right away.
What Is The Difference Between DWI And DUI?
In Texas, a person over the age of 21 accused of driving while intoxicated (meaning a .08 blood or breath alcohol concentration or drug impairment) is charged with a DWI. A person under the age of 21 who drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs is charged with DUI.
Texas has a zero tolerance law for underage drivers. That means that a driver under age 21 can be found guilty of driving under the influence if there is “any detectable amount of alcohol in their body.”
Police officers don’t always have to test for minor DUI. They can issue a citation or make an arrest simply because they smell alcohol on the driver’s breath. Attorney Stephen H. Miller is also skilled in juvenile defense, including minor drunk driving charges.
Preparing The Strongest Possible DWI / DUI Defense
The sooner you DWI lawyer after a drinking and driving stop or arrest, the sooner we can take steps to protect you. DWI Attorney Stephen H. Miller will review the police reports and any video of your arrest. Using the evidence or lack of evidence and your version of the events, we will work hard to help you build a strong case against your DUI or DWI charge.
The following pages provide more information about drunk driving charges:
- If you are stopped for DWI: Here are some tips on steps you should take to protect yourself after a DWI stop. If the police officer did not have a reasonable suspicion that you were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the stop may be illegal.
- Challenging the field sobriety test: Your performance on these tests may be hindered by pre-existing medical and physical circumstances. Law enforcement will attempt to use the results to prove that you were not able to control your vehicle.
- Challenging Texas blood and breath tests: We can challenge the results if the test was improperly performed or you were not properly informed of your rights.
- Repeat DWI offenses: In Texas, the penalties for repeat DWI offenses are extremely harsh.
- Hidden cost of a DWI conviction: The costs of a DWI conviction go far behind fines and driver’s license suspension.
Contact An Experienced DWI Lawyer For Your Best Defense
For more information on your DWI arrest and fighting the charge, call or email attorney Stephen H. Miller.